Living On Campus
Living on campus is a great way to build community and relationships with other students. We have various activities that help keep our community tight-knit, which range from weekly dorm meetings and social events, to spontaneous hang out times. Our residence is open to Horizon College & Seminary students as well as students who have enrolled either part or full time (3+ classes) at the Universtiy of Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan Polytechnic, or another post-secondary institution here in the city.
Purpose: We exist to offer HCS students affordable accommodations within a God-honouring community.
- Mutual respect
- Healthy communication
- Relationship in community
- Have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Be actively enrolled at HCS * (modules only/alternative education only excluded)
- Graduates will have until July 31st of their graduation year to transition out of residence
- Withdrawal from enrollment constitutes the resident’s 30 day notice
- Respect and be in agreement with HCS Residence Guidelines and Policies
- Commit annually to live in residence for the academic year (Sept-Apr) ; exception for mid-year entrants
- Be willing to have a roommate of the same gender (single rooms may be requested upon availability)
- Be willing to develop interpersonal life skills
- Commit to 1-3 hours a week to engage in residence meetings and/or events
- Participate in an Annual Residence Assessment
*All first year students 21 years of age and younger are required to live in residence (exception is living with immediate family in Saskatoon).
- Separate Male and Female residences attached to college (walk to class!)
- Security access
- Parking (limited electrified spaces)
- Community kitchen and dining space (fridge & freezer space included)
- Furnished rooms (bed, dresser, desk, chair, bookshelf)
- Utilities included (power, water, heat)
- Common washroom and shower facilities in each residence
- Prayer room in each residence
- Lounge with cable TV in each residence
- Coin-operated laundry in each residence
- Storage space (limited) in each residence
- Secured Wi-Fi access
- Fitness room
- Grocery store, bank, bus stop, etc. within easy walking distance
- U of S within 20 min walking distance or 5 min bus ride
- Community Benefits: Resident Assistants (RAs), access to Student Life Centre (SLC), and events
*Limited space may be available for non-HCS post-secondary students with an approved Resident Application.
CA$525.00 per month, single occupancy
CA$375.00 per month, double occupancy
CA$300.00 damage deposit
CA$30.00 security key deposit
CA$40.00 monthly parking pass
CA$20.00 monthly day parking pass
*Prices are subject to change*
Residence Application Form
Rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis, so please apply early!
If you are experiencing any difficulties with the application form, please send us an email to email@example.com. We would be happy to help you out!
HCS Residence Guidelines, Requirements, and Community Covenant
Please print this Move Out Form, fill it out and make an appointment with Heather Wood to discuss the Move Out Process.