Tuition & Fees
For Undergraduate Students
All tuition and student fees are due and payable on registration day unless students make use of the Monthly Payment Plan. Acceptable methods of payment include cash, cheque, interac, automated account withdrawal, e-transfer or credit card (MC, Visa, Amex). Students who have paid in full or who establish and consistently maintain their payment plan throughout the year shall be eligible to receive scholarships or awards.
Monthly Payment Plan
Students who are unable to pay in full at the beginning of a semester may take advantage of our Monthly Payment Plan option. Payments are due on the 1st of each month (or agreed upon day) over the course of the semester. Interest charges of 2% will be applied monthly on the outstanding balance.
Penalties for Outstanding Accounts
Students with unpaid accounts at the College are:
- Unable to finalize registration for the next semester.
- Unable to receive marks or transcripts.
- Unable to receive certificates, diplomas or degrees.
- Subject to the Canadian Credit Corporation for collection for accounts over 90 days outstanding or in arrears. Students will receive a number of notices over the 90 days and be provided every opportunity to care for their account during that time.
- At risk of dismissal from the college and/or residence.
Fees are non-refundable. A full tuition refund is available prior to the start of class only.
By end of 1st day: 80%
By end of 2nd day: 50%
After 2nd day: 0
6-week term refunds:
By end of 1st week: 80%
By end of 2nd week: 50%
After 2nd week: 0
Semester & Distance Education Refunds:
By end of 2nd week: 80%
By end of 3rd week: 50%
After 3rd week: 0
Credential holders actively involved in ministries with or approved by the PAOC or the denomination in which they hold credentials, and their dependents* are eligible to receive 10% off of regular tuition.
Global worker dependents* are eligible to receive 25% off of regular tuition.
Spouses and dependents* of full-time students are eligible to receive 50% off of regular tuition.
Age 55+ are eligible to receive a 40% tuition discount (on-site and live-stream for-credit courses only, all other fees apply; to be reviewed in 2022)
*Dependents are defined as unmarried children under age 26.
Alumni Advantage Program
- One annual complimentary audit course per alumnus (includes online access based on availability)
- 10% family of alumni discount
- Applies to tuition only
- May not be combined with other discounts
- For undergraduate programs only
- Free entry to LEAD events
- Discounts on select events hosted by Horizon
Canada Student Loans and Bursaries
Horizon College & Seminary is a designated college with the Canada Student Loan program under the EI code CPAO. This allows students to apply for national and provincial student loan programs to attend Horizon. Application for student loans are through your provincial government (see below for SK & MB). Information and links to all provincial applications can be found at www.canlearn.ca. Applications for the fall are generally available in early June/July and may take 6-8 weeks to process so students should apply as early as possible.