Horizon’s Community Covenant
Integrity, truth, honour, and commitment are biblical virtues that cannot be compromised. As Christians, our word is a declaration of our integrity and indicates our commitment to the Lord. Therefore, each student and faculty member of Horizon is required to sign the Community Covenant, which reflects the biblical standards we uphold.
To honour Christ, I will honour His name, His character, His Church, and the mission of His Kingdom by living a life that displays:
- Honesty: not stealing, cheating, lying, leaving debts unpaid, or slandering others (Eph. 4:22-5:2).
- Respect: submitting to and honouring elders and those in authority over me and the rules they set in place (1 Tim. 5:1,2; 1 Thes. 5:12-13; Heb 13:17).
- Holiness: Not participating in ungodly conduct such as drunkenness, sexual activity outside of marriage, use of pornography, greed, witchcraft, and other behaviours deemed as “lusts of the flesh” (Col. 3:5,6; Rom. 6:5, 6, 11-14; 1 Cor. 5:11; Gal. 5:19-21).
- Righteousness: Pursuing righteousness and truth in speech and deed by avoiding coarse language, filthy language, bitterness, rage, false teachings, and gossip, instead being peaceable and doing all things as unto the Lord (Eph. 5:29-31; Col. 3:8-10, 15-17; 1 Tim. 6:3-6; 2 Tim. 2:14-19).
- Humility: Doing nothing out of selfish ambition, but in humility considering others better than myself, looking not only to my own interests, but also to the interests of others out of love (Phil. 2:3,4; Rom. 12:10).
- Accountability: When seeing a brother/sister stumbling, I will correct them with an attitude of humility and restore them gently, being careful not to stumble myself (Gal. 6:1).
- Participation: Doing my part, as a member of the body, to help us all grow up to maturity in the faith (Eph. 4:11-16; 1 Cor. 12:7, 12, 25-26; Heb. 10:24-25).