Obtaining textbooks for your classes is an easy process. Here are the quick steps.
- Register for classes by contacting the Assistant Registrar.
- Identify required textbooks from the course list on Populi or see the list of required books below on this page. Note the book title, authors, editions, and ISBN number.
- We have partnered with Kennedy’s Parable to order textbooks. They will have a list of all required texts for our current courses. You are free to purchase your texts from other online vendors, such as amazon, as well.
- When you place your order by their deadline with Kennedy’s Parable it will be shipped directly to Horizon College & Seminary.
Most students and families are well informed about online purchases, return policies, and challenges with shipping. Do not wait until the last moment to make your purchase. It may take up to 2 weeks to receive your books. Pay attention to the shipping time estimate on the vendor site. Remember that college students around the nation are doing the same thing so inventories may run low if you wait too long.
If you have questions about specific textbook orders, you should contact your vendor directly.
REMEMBER: You are responsible for resolving any problems with vendors. However, you may contact your instructor or academic advisor by email for advice on specific problems or for help in resolving course related questions.
The library will only have ONE COPY of required textbooks on reserve.
Kennedy’s Parable will NOT STOCK our textbooks. You must order online.
Order your textbooks at a minimum of 2 weeks in advance of your courses to ensure you have them on time!
Deadline to Order Textbooks through Kennedy’s Parable
DEADLINES FOR 2017- 2018 ACADEMIC YEAR:
TERM A: TBA
TERM B: October 3, 2017
TERM C: TBA
TERM D: TBA
- Go to Kennedy’s Parable website.
- Click – Horizon Textbooks in the online store (Saskatoon)
- Check-out and Pay.
Kennedy’s is offering a 10% discount for ALL Horizon Students.
FREE DELIVERY to Horizon College & Seminary if you ORDER by the DEADLINE (not residential addresses). Choose ‘Pick up in Store’ option for the Free delivery if you order before the deadline.
Note: You must pre-pay when ordering your textbooks as any other online vendor.
If you MISS THE DEADLINE you must pick your books up IN STORE.