It’s hard to sit on big news for long…

A public press release will be happening soon, BUT we wanted to give you the heads-up that Horizon has JUST signed an amazing partnership deal with Saskatchewan Polytechnic!

Horizon and Sask Polytechh

What does that mean?

It means that students can combine several of the career-track programs from Sask Polytech with our Christian leadership training! So as students prepare for their career they will also walk away with robust Christian leadership and worldview formation, ready to serve in AND outside the church. Win-win!

Pursuing higher education doesn’t mean you have to choose between secular and Christian training. Planning your education and future career can be daunting these days, but with Horizon Plus+, you can earn a bi-vocational degree that will set you up to do very well not only in the church but out in the real world.

Growing up in a pastor’s household, I had a front row seat to the many challenges that my parents faced in church leadership. I was able to see many of  the unique challenges that come with pastoring, as well as the challenges that come with the business side of running a church organization. When I received my own call into vocational ministry, I was grateful to have the option of going to Red River College in Winnipeg for a two-year business diploma, which then counted fully towards my degree in Pastoral Leadership at Horizon. I am confident that this 2+2 educational route has prepared me well for many of the challenges that I will face in a pastoral role, as well as in the board room.

Scott PoirierScott Poirier, Associate Pastor, Christian Life Church, Winnipeg

This combination offer (also referred to as Horizon Plus+) is not exclusive to Saskatchewan residents. It can work with programs from institutions elsewhere because Horizon’s courses are accessible online (from anywhere), as are many of Sask Polytech’s courses. Of course, we’d love to see students onsite at our brand-new facility in Saskatoon too!

We need Christian leaders in our churches… and in our world. Ask us how you can combine other certifications with one of our degrees, and please share this opportunity with someone you know who has Christian leadership potential!

More About Horizon Plus+

Jayna Snider
Jayna is the Communications Coordinator for Horizon College & Seminary.

Want more?

Sign up with your email address to receive the latest news and updates, event reminders, or encouraging articles. Simply check the boxes below to let us know what you are interested in.

* indicates required
Send me: