Living On Campus
Living on campus is a great way to build community and relationships with other students. We have various activities that help keep our community tight-knit, which range from weekly dorm meetings and social events, to spontaneous hang out times. Our residence is reserved for Horizon College & Seminary students and Christian residents of a college age and single young adults.
Purpose: We exist to offer HCS students affordable accommodations within a God-honouring community.
- Mutual respect
- Healthy communication
- Relationship in community
- Have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Be actively enrolled at HCS * (modules only/alternative education only excluded)
- Graduates will have until July 31st of their graduation year to transition out of residence
- Withdrawal from enrollment constitutes the resident’s 30 day notice
- Respect and be in agreement with HCS Residence Guidelines and Policies
- Commit annually to live in residence for the academic year (Sept-Apr) ; exception for mid-year entrants
- Be willing to have a roommate of the same gender (single rooms may be requested upon availability)
- Be willing to develop interpersonal life skills
- Commit to 1-3 hours a week to engage in residence meetings and/or events
- Participate in an Annual Residence Assessment
*All first year students 21 years of age and younger are required to live in residence (exception is living with immediate family in Saskatoon).
- Separate Male and Female residences attached to college (walk to class!)
- Security access
- Parking (limited electrified spaces)
- Community kitchen and dining space (fridge & freezer space included)
- Furnished rooms (bed, dresser, desk, chair, bookshelf)
- Utilities included (power, water, heat)
- Common washroom and shower facilities in each residence
- Prayer room in each residence
- Lounge with cable TV in each residence
- Coin-operated laundry in each residence
- Storage space (limited) in each residence
- Secured Wi-Fi access
- Fitness room
- Grocery store, bank, bus stop, etc. within easy walking distance
- U of S within 20 min walking distance or 5 min bus ride
- Community Benefits: Resident Assistants (RAs), access to Student Life Centre (SLC), and events
*Limited space may be available for non-HCS post-secondary students with an approved Resident Application.
CA$525.00 per month, single occupancy
CA$375.00 per month, double occupancy
CA$300.00 damage deposit
CA$30.00 security key deposit
CA$40.00 monthly parking pass
CA$20.00 monthly day parking pass
*Prices are subject to change*
Residence Application Form
Rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis, so please apply early!
If you are experiencing any difficulties with the application form, please send us an email to email@example.com. We would be happy to help you out!